there are many different types of feeds such as .....
- wheat straw- relivently cheap and is the most popular type of bedding. must be kept dry until used as its very adsorbent.
- miscantus (elephant grass) now grown for animal bedding and fuel. More absorbent than normal and not so dusty.
- wood shavings- easy to handle and store can be cheap to!
- hemp- absorbent but like all organic crops can be dusty. not very good for horses who like eating bedding because when it becomes moist it expands and can give colic.
- shredded cardboard- heavy t lift and not easy to dispose but dosent have any dust or spores.
- wood or straw pellets- releively expensive and small. expand a lot in water.
- rubber matting- often bedding is placed on top and is very beneficial.